Fundamentally, you may only be a member of RSL NSW, with all the benefits it has to offer, if you belong to a sub-Branch.
Because of the following:
• We are uniquely based in the “War Vets” (RSL LifeCare ANZAC Village) Narrabeen where the spirit of commemoration, remembrance and camaraderie is strong.
• We have dedicated Memorials, a Chapel, Function Rooms and a must-see War Museum, interaction with lawn bowls and public access to a licensed public restaurant within the village.
• We facilitate and significantly subsidise your membership of RSL NSW.
• Receipt of RSL bi-monthly magazine – “Reveille”.
• Receipt of bi-monthly sub- Branch newsletter – “Dispatches”.
• Welfare support.
• Funeral support.
• Networking and mateship.
• Monthly meetings with fellow members including frequent guest speakers.
• Participation in subsidised outings and excursions.
• Involvement in Commemoration (ANZAC services) and Remembrance Day.
• Sub-Branch events such as VP day, Christmas dinner etc.
• Awards for Life Member, Honorary Member.
• Certificate of Appreciation for services rendered.
Any person is eligible for Service Membership who, for a period of not less than 6 months, has been a member of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) or the Armed Forces of other designated allied countries (or other persons specifically provided for in the RSL NSW Constitution)
Membership of the ADF includes National Service, Reserves and CMF.
The following persons are eligible to be admitted as an Affiliate Member:
(a) A person who is any relative of a person (living or deceased) who is or was eligible to be a Service Member,
(b) A person who has received an award for giving valuable service to the League,
(c) A Cadet and/or Officer of Cadets over 17 years of age,
(d) Any person deemed by the Board to have provided significant service to the League.
Any person who is a Service Member of another sub-Branch may be an Associate member of our sub-Branch. They must declare to which sub-Branch they elect to have voting rights.
This type of Membership is strong at our sub-Branch because they come to reside in the “War Vets” (RSL LifeCare ANZAC Village) at Narrabeen.
A Service or Affiliate member may transfer their membership from one sub-Branch to another sub-Branch. Both Secretaries of the losing sub-Branch and gaining sub- Branch must acknowledge the transfer.
The completed form is submitted to the sub-Branch where existing membership is held.
Completing this form will help determine the category of Membership you are eligible for and obtain key information for entry into our Database.